Oaty Fruity Cereal, what a way to kick start your day! We all know that a good, hearty, healthy breakfast is the best possible way to prepare you and your body for the forthcoming challenges that the day will throw your way. This breakfast does just that! With fruit, nuts and oats this breaky provides you with a low GI carb and heaps of fiber to keep you going all day long.
Oaty Fruity CerealPrint This
- 100 g dried fruit, such as sultanas, raisins, dried apricots
- 50 g mixed unsalted nuts, such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts
- 50 g mixed seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, poppy
- 400 g porridge oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon , optional
- milk or natural yogurt , to serve
- 1 eating apple*
- roughly 400 ml milk*
- To make the basic cereal, chop any larger dried fruit and nuts, then place into a large bowl along with the seeds, oats and cinnamon.
- Tip into an airtight container.
- Now you have two choices. To serve your cereal as it is, place a handful of cereal (roughly 50g) per person into your serving bowls.
- Add milk or natural yoghurt and chopped fresh fruit, if you like, then serve.
- To make bircher muesli for 4 people, add 200g of the cereal to a large bowl.
- Place a box grater on a board, then coarsely grate the apple, discarding the core. Add it to your oaty cereal.
- Pour over enough milk to cover, then mix well.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm, then place in the fridge to soak overnight.
- When you’re ready to eat, give the bircher a good stir, divide between your bowls, then serve with chopped fresh fruit.