A world favorite, Thai Green Chicken Curry! We don’t know anybody that does not like a Thai green curry; it’s one of our all time favorite meals. With succulent chicken, creamy coconut milk, herbs, spices and the zesty tang of a lime your mouth wont know whats hit it! Go on, go and make the neighbors envious, spark up the hobs and get cooking.
Thai green chicken curryPrint This
- 225g new potatoes, cut into chunks
- 100g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 tsp Thai green curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 450g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tsp lime zest, plus extra to garnish
- handful of basil leaves
- boiled rice, to serve
1. Put the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Throw in the beans and cook for a further 3 minutes*. Drain and put to one side.
2. In a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil until very hot, fry the garlic until golden**. Spoon in the curry paste and stir it for a few seconds. Next, pour in the coconut milk and let it come to a bubble.
3. Stir in the fish sauce and sugar, then the pieces of chicken. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook, covered, for about 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Tip in the potatoes and beans and let them warm through in the hot coconut milk.
4. Stir in the shredded lime zest and basil leaves, leave briefly on the heat.
5. Scatter with the lime garnish and serve immediately with boiled rice.
*Both should be tender but not too soft. **This should take only a few seconds. Don’t let it go very dark or it will spoil the taste. Addition: Add crushed cashew nuts to top off an already delicious meal.