This take on the street food famous Indonesian fried noodles dish is delicious. Eating a national favorite such as this will transport you and your taste buds to the street vendors of Indonesia. What we have here is a cheap, tasty, quick and easy dish. It’s perfect for a middle of the week, chopstick style meal.
Indonesian Fried NoodlesPrint This
- 2 chicken breasts, diced**
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 5 tsp oil
- 350g fresh egg noodles, soaked
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- 3 tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp spicy curry paste*
- ¼ cup fried shallots (garnish)
- Sliced chilli and lime wedges (garnish)
1. Whisk egg, water and turmeric powder
2. Heat 1 tsp oil on medium heat in a frying pan and add the above, make a thin omelette, roll and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tsp of oil and brown the chicken in batches, set aside.
4. Saute spring onions, garlic and chilli paste* in 2 tsp of oil until fragrant. Add vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, add chicken, toss.
5. Make a hole in the middle of mixture; stir in the stock and sweet soy sauce.
6. Add noodles and toss for 3 minutes. Add sliced omelette and garnish before serving.
*Chilli is optional . **This is chicken style fried noodles, however, the meat/seafood and stock can be altered according to taste.