Creating a delicious sweet treat in the kitchen like these Dark Chocolate Coconut Bites doesn’t have to be difficult. You wont even need to fire up the oven to indulge in these super easy, no bake, bite size snacks. With the amount of coconut in these balls, one might even consider them healthy…ish.
Dark Chocolate Coconut BitesPrint This
- 2½ cups flaked coconut
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- a pinch of sea salt
- 120g dark chocolate for topping
- Mix the coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and sea salt. Stir in the coconut.* Form the mixture into small balls by squeezing until a ball forms.**
- Once you have the balls rolled, refrigerate for 1 hour until they are firm.***
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the coconut and shake or stir constantly for a few minutes until the coconut is lightly browned and fragrant.
- Melt the chocolate for a minute or so in the microwave. Stir it until it’s smooth. Dip each coconut ball in the chocolate and remove with a fork, letting excess chocolate drip off. Place on a lined baking sheet and top with the any remaining coconut.
- Freeze or refrigerate to set the chocolate.
*Save 1/4 cup of coconut for the topping. **The mixture will be crumbly, it doesn't work to put the mixture in your hands and roll it. You have to squeeze it. There will be a little bit of excess oil - that's okay. ***If you wish, post refrigeration, re-roll them to get the shape just right.